MASTER
 
 

V-Day Raleigh Presents The Vagina Monologues 2019

By V-Day Raleigh (other events)

2 Dates Through Feb 12, 2019
 
ABOUT ABOUT

Join us as we create an ARTISTIC UPRISING, a RADICAL act, and an ACT OF RESISTANCE for the 20th Anniversary of V-Day and The Vagina Monologues! V-Day Raleigh will rise, resist, and unite with Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues! 90% of the proceeds will benefit InterAct of Wake County and the remaining 10% will go towards the international V-Day campaign. The 2019 staged reading will be directed by Yvonne Anderson.

For 2019, V-Day is calling on activists around the world to Rise, Resist and Unite.

To help our fundraising endeavors, we will be holding a silent auction and selling V-Day Raleigh merchandise like t-shirts, buttons, pictures with Pinky, and more!

Over the past two decades, tens of thousands of communities and college campuses have staged V-Day benefit performances of The Vagina Monologues – and other artistic works, campaigns & Risings– in over 200 countries and territories. V-Day activists have raised consciousness, changed laws to protect women and girls, funded rape crisis centers and domestic violence shelters (often times these much needed funds kept them from closing), educated their communities, and raised well over $100 million in urgently needed funds for groups doing the essential work of ending violence and serving survivors and their families.

What are The Vagina Monologues?

The New York Times called The Vagina Monologues, “probably the most important piece of political theater of the last decade." The play - first performed Off-Broadway and in locations around the world by Ms. Ensler - dives into the mystery, humor, pain, power, wisdom, outrage and excitement in women’s experiences.  V–Day grew out of the play which exploded onto the scene in 1998, breaking taboos about women’s sexuality and shattering silence around violence done to women and girls.  

About V-Day
Over these past two decades V-Day has had an improbable journey, charting a path that has been unparalleled - tens of thousands of communities and college campuses have staged benefit performances of The Vagina Monologues – and other works and campaigns created by V-Day – in over 200 countries and territories. V-Day activists have raised consciousness, changed laws to protect women and girls, funded rape crisis centers and domestic violence shelters (often times these much needed funds kept them from closing), educated their communities, and raised well over $100 million in urgently needed funds for groups doing the essential work of ending violence and serving survivors and their families.  From the Congo, where V-Day supports the City of Joy, a leadership center for survivors of violence where women can heal themselves, to One Billion Rising, the largest mass action to stop violence against women in history, to its work with a broad coalition of groups advocating for an end to workplace violence for women, including nurses, hotel workers, farm workers, restaurant workers and more, V-Day has its pulse on issues women face across the globe.

V-Day Raleigh is a local effort within the worldwide context of the V-Day Campaign.

To learn more about V-Day Raleigh, call (919) 348-9723 or e-mail the organization at [email protected]  To learn more about V-Day and its campaigns visit www.vday.org.